Decatur, Illinois

Decatur, Illinois
Curve-In, Fairview Avenue

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Alumni Promos

I'm sure I'm not the only one to be swamped, some days, with "classmates" and "alumni" things to buy, promotions, and other emails coming to the inbox.

Of course, I delete most of them, as I am concentrating my labor on the real world efforts of the Mac '65 reunion, forthcoming in June 2011.

But I had to laugh the other day when the following photograph showed up with an alumni product ad, asking me to buy shirts to proudly proclaim my alignment with my former high school and our mascot name, the Generals.

They got the "Generals" part correct. I suppose the marketers should get a half-gold star for that.

The only real trouble, however, developed when they tried to spell the name of the high school we attended. I don't know about you, but I went to MacArthur, not Macarthur, High School! LOL.

Now, as to putting my 63-64 year old body in that shirt for a reunion, well, that's another matter altogether! After all, I don't want to be responsible for having all the former cheerleaders doing backflips when a bunch of us Mac '65 guys walk in the room wearing our "Macarthur Generals" styling, do I?

I didn't see the "relaxed fit" babyboomer model in their catalogue.

No comments: