Decatur, Illinois

Decatur, Illinois
Curve-In, Fairview Avenue

Monday, May 31, 2010

Our Fonz

Maybe there was someone else at MacArthur in 1965 that reminds folks of The Fonz, but for me, it will always be Terry Seats. Of course, I about fell over when I saw he had gotten all dressed up for his senior picture.

"Seats" (I don't ever remember feeling comfortable calling him "Terry") was into cars. For Seats, there was school, there was how much he could learn from school about cars, and there were cars as life. I appreciated that straightforward passion. He was the nicest guy around, although he acted tough. To me, Seats was The Fonz, cool and with a bit of James Dean about him.


I was saddened, in doing the research for this reunion, to learn that our Fonz had died in 2004. I was looking forward to saying "hi" to Terry, er, that is Seats, again, and asking him what he thought of hybrids. I imagined that he probably won't trust any car he couldn't hear!

Here's the little death notice the local Decatur paper published. If you knew Seats more recently and more personally, please share some stories. He was a gem.





Once again, my thanks to '66's Judy Sumner for the obit copy from the H&R.

No comments: